Written by: Saleem Mujahid

Translated by: Uzair Mehr




Seeing her, my rapid footsteps suddenly stopped. My eyes were intensely focused on her in such a way that I forgot to blink. Meanwhile I was oblivious to everything in the entire world besides her gorgeous figure. It overwhelmed me, and I could spend hours looking at her.

“This is the rapture of my life what else could I pursue?” my heart said to me.


I hopefully embarked on a journey of love. Fortunately, I was not bereft and empty-handed. Her unfurled hair was spread on her both shoulders. The motive and quest of love was conspicuous in her wild eyes and she was smiling with her rosy lips. She was so engaging with her stagnant body that I couldn’t resist my inclination. Slowly and gradually I started moving forth side with the hope that she would certainly love me because she too was heedless of anyone but me. She was incessantly looking at me.

She was still standing in the position I saw her in first. It seemed as if she yearned for my love. The love and affection in her smiles encouraged me.

I kept walking till I stood in front of her. I offered the greetings of love to her and then I expressed my feelings about her candidly and passionately:

“Pardon me for my fault of loving you. I am the mendicant of your love who passed centuries in roving. I was always hapless and my efforts were always futile. I confronted so many hardships and endured the pangs of afflictions. I excessively rambled hither and thither nocturnally.



I enquired about you as well. I searched for you in every area and city but all in vain; I could not succeed. I bore the maltreatments and invectives of people for you. I was vilified too and sometimes I intimidated by the grim reaper but your love coerced me not to leave your pursuance. I passed my whole life in pursuit of you but you never bumped into me and I don’t know why I was ill-fated and couldn’t convey my heart’s pure intention to you. She remained silent; said nothing.

Whatever I uttered were true but I am not worried. No, I don’t believe in adversity and infelicity. It is not true that one’s efforts bear no fruit.”

She was still wordless.

“ You are the profit of my love, you are my hope and my confidence. You are an asset to my life. I can’t live without you and you too, ache for me and wither without me. Love me my sweetheart for I am captive of your love. “

I kept quiet, suspired and waited for her responses but she didn’t venture to speak a word. I started talking again:

“Neither will I deceive you nor will I be disloyal to you. I am not a treacherous person. Don’t be afraid because I trusted you. You should also believe in the veracity of my love, for in the mirror of my conception only you were visible. I also saw you in my dreams. My awakening, too, passed in your waiting.” but she zipped her lips yet.

Thus far I quaveringly lifted my head, looked at beloved’s moony and pretty face. She was still smiling like that. She didn’t get mad at me, nor did she feel bad.

It heartened me that she still needed my love and care, because she was not saying anything this thing marked her acquiescence. I zealously cuddled her but her plastic and inanimate body made me realize she is not the one I need. No, she is not a girl. She is merely a doll.




Reference:

ماهتاک بلوچی 1998
شونکار: عبدالواحد بندیگ

0 Comments