Poet: Tauseef Hussain

English Translation by: Uzair Mehr


I miss you

As the sun descends

And night too turns dark

The beam of lamp extends afar

The revelation of the moon is hung

 

I miss you

 

In the rainfalls of wintery nights

In the sobbings of nights’ shifts

And I conciliate myself like a child

I sit by the window to pass this pitch-dark night

 

I miss you

 

My heart might yearn for you

Or might wish to see you like ~ Tawkali

I don’t know what is the craving of this desirous soul

As the chirps of birds reach in hearing in the evening,

This heart boggles and marvels like a child

And looks for the plaything of the hand

It sees neither a conveyance nor a man

 

I miss you

I miss you so much

 

 ------------------------------------------

 

~ Tawkali: 

Mast Tawakali / Mast Taukali 1825-1892 was a 19th century great Sufi poet of Balochi.He belonged to Loharani a branch of Marri tribe. It is believed that there is no piece of poetry of him that does not mention Samoo. Samoo's love was the source and pathawy for Mast to get closer to God and purify his soul. For further reading click the following links: 


Link 1:

Link 2:

Link 3: 

Link 4:

Link 5: (Video Promo).

Link 6:



0 Comments