Originally Written in Balochi by: Chandan Sach

Translated into English by: Uzair Mehr

 

 

I hold no desire in my heart now

This life is not a tale

That fluxes on lips for a child in nightfall

You have come in a doleful season

When migrated our town

But I’m inhabiting……… there might come a cloud I will converse with it

See the legs of this bed are not a bit gloomy,

 and will not be solitary in the shade of this canopy for anyone as well

See…. The life moves too like this for a person

See……… the eyes of moments don’t blink for a footfall

 

I’ve been trounced in the game against brunette faces

Don’t rede the defeated soldiers to live

Thou have come to change the seasons?

In me are a thousand perished seasons

 But have not been buried yet, there to be a condolence or Fatiha

I hold no desire in my heart now

When migrated our town……and the horses have turned blind

You take swords and shields and go away

 

 

 

 


2 Comments