1.     1. The Prison

Originally Written in Balochi by: AR Arman

Translated into English by: Uzair Mehr

 

 

Life, like a bird is wedged in the cage

I want to set myself free,

But the cage is locked up from every side.

I am unable to get out of it.

If I live on the edges of the indifferent time,

So, I will surely bring a gift for you.

 

 

 

2.     2. We are both captive of vows

 

On the threshold of night,

A lamp chimed in with the reason of solitude.

The birds are too engrossed in chirping bitter melodies,

And me and thee

Are both captive of vows.

Neither needs a lamp

Nor a reason for a song

I will only pack your beauty in an empty bag and move away.

At the time of twilight,

Sea, solitude, bag, darkness and the lamp

And whatever I am carrying that stiches me up at the skirt of melancholy,

And I will kindle your beauty like a lamp

And will keep threading the pearls.

There will be a swarm of butterflies on thy moony countenance,

And the nightfall will desirously weave a song on the brink of waves for you.

I am craving for the apparent quest of your beauty.

Divulge yourself for a little time in the populace today.

I search in the streets for myself.

Perhaps this darkness drives away when i see you for a while,

 And will drink up the goblet of your beauty and engross myself.

O’ life, on your edge, my leftover character is

Solitude, twilight, lamp, sea, darkness, waiting and me.

Whatever lies in your heart are merely my jovial moments and coalescent characters.

 

 

 

 

 

0 Comments