Originally Written in Balochi by: Muneer Momen

Translated into English by: Uzair Mehr

 

 

1.     The Panorama

Littered are vitreous fragments of smile

When they fall into eyes,

The world like a teardrop

Runs down toward the skirt

 

 

    

2.     The crystalline water

 

If your love happens to be a wing,

I could be a dove;

and the moon, a nest

A tree will be planted in the nest

Under the shade of tree,

The sky would be spread out

And the fairy of stars,

With the musical lamps

would be our guests

and this night would be awake

until the earth searches for a sky in your eyes

 

 

 

3.      My Eyes Are Tracks of a Forest

 

My eyes are track of a forest

All the pathways are

Lying in the laps of a city

And the city underneath a lamp

Standing as long as it seizes

Moon and stars for its sky

 

 

 

 

4.     The World

 

I have put in the glass pane of thy beauty,

 for me;

a moment of verdant spring;

a nest;

therein a melodious cuckoo;

a window,

that opens up in the morning,

by a tuneful sound of waves of the sea

a cold and radiant

little solitude

in goblet a pearl

like a drop of tear

that holds me, thee and my lord.

 

 

 

2 Comments