Originally written in Balochi by: Saeed Sahil

Translated into English by: Uzair Mehr

 


33.     The Remorseful

“It has been thirty years that you are remorseful. If you don’t realize it yet, so you will be remorseful for years.”

 

34.    The Futility

“Inquietude is the result of futility.”

 

35.    The Treasure

“If on end there happens to be treasure trove, and on the other hand is your brother, so take hold of your brother’s hand.”

 

36.    The Value

“Hold me when I am alive. If I am dead, don’t go after me that I will not be available to you.”

 

37.    Talk

“When he was in front of me, I couldn’t talk. When I started talking, he went far away from me.”

 

38.    Stars

“The pearls of sea will not be stars by gleaming in the sky.”

 

39.     The Advice and Action

“Anyone whose advice is contradictory to his action, so keep in mind that he is a double-faced person.”

 

40.    Today

“It is a gratitude and benignity that you are sitting next to me, otherwise who cares for anyone’s inclination today.”

 

41.    The Disposition

“The person whom I defended from enemies yesterday, is my biggest enemy today. Man’s disposition tends to be uncertain.”

 

 

42.     The Fate

“I can only guide you. It is up to your fate ahead; be a sparrow; be a dove or to be a high-soaring hawk as well.”

 

43.    The Season

“In winter, people suntan themselves to have sunbath, and in summer, search for the shade. You search for the shade in winter, and sit in the sun in summer.”

 

44.    Know

“I asked him:”

“Are dates good in taste?”

“Yes, he responded.”

“I said:”

“Then you should also know the insemination of palm tree.”

 

 

 

 

45.    The Fear

“Your dismayed heart has been terrified and agitated by the imperious beasts of the time but you should not scare and frighten my gallant heart that the fear itself dreads from my valorous shadow.”

 

 

 

46.     The Fool

“When you lead them, they proceed you. When you neglect them, they call you a haughty person. The foolish folk can neither be led nor followed.”

 

47.    Ask

“When you don’t know, you come to ask me. When I don’t know, even so I ask from the books and respond to you later.”

 

48.    The World

“I was a loquacious person when I didn’t understand the world. When I understood the world, I became mum.”

 

49.    The Darkness

“Atta Shad says that:”

“You are the lord of the day and the master of stars and moon,

Imprecate to such a night that doesn’t recognize you.”

 

“But, alas, the sightless eyes of the fate didn’t see anything except the pitch darkness.”

 

 

50.    The Reality

“The reality of knowledge is not to know the answer of all questions inevitably.

 

“Nay!”

“Don’t know.”

“I didn’t see.”

“Are also answers.”

“However, be eager and curious then.”

“Stretch your hand and ask for it.”

 

51.    The solitariness

“The solitude and isolation are better than everlasting squabbles, my friend.”

 

52.    The Unimpeachable

“The Baloch’s undertaking and assurance are unimpeachable.”

 

53.    The Dormant Conscience

“When a person realizes his mistake in his dormant conscience and becomes cognizant of it, when his throat is parched, and lips atremble, and can’t apologize due to regret, then forgive him.”

 

 

54.    !

“He struck.”

“My heart tolerated it that it happens in the world.”

“He looted and plundered.”

“My heart remained silent that it is the world.”

“He vituperated.”

“My heart remained patient that it is society.”

“Improve yourself. Why are you devastated?” he said in front of me.

“Tolerance, silence, patience all broke up and the heart was immensely afflicted.”

 

55.    The Wolf

“The Mouth as those of pal, and the words as those of foe, then rest assured that a wolf has camouflaged itself in the garb of human.”

 

56.    The Immortal

“The history of the world is emblem that the scoffs of the society and the imputations of reprovers make a man powerful and immortal.”

 

 

57.    The Hell

“The house where aged people are not honored, that house is not lesser than a hell.”

 

 

58.    The Vulnerability

“If someone gets happiness suddenly, he will be boggled. All of a sudden, if someone gets affliction, he will be heartbroken. The heart is smitten in both of the cases. Bear in your majestic heart, the heart will not be vulnerable.”

 

 

59.    The Aspect of Life

 

“The time elapses bit by bit.

The epochs pass gradually.

With the cycles of the world,

Vary the scenes of places and sites

Likewise, the aspect of life.”

 

 

60.    The Halter

“If the halter of thinking is in someone’s own control, then it is tempered whatsoever. If it’s in someone else’s reins, it runs riot sometimes and annealed other times.”

 

 

61.    The Thorn

“If he is with you, censure your foe. When parted from you, laud your foe. Take away such people like a thorn pierced in the feet, the journey of life will be fantabulous.”

 

 

62.    The Heartsick

“When he was spell-bound by me, I was inconsiderate to him. I am captivated to him now; he is heartsick to me.”

 

63.    The Yokefellow

“Bear the troubles of the world that they make you oblivious of the yokefellow.”

 

 

64.    The Access

“The cat hunts like the leopard but its access is only to mice and birds.”

 

 

65.    The Inclination

“I used to cover hundreds of distances and came to you. Now, I am living in your neighborhood yet my steps don’t propel me to bring me on your threshold.”

 

 

66.    The Test

“Don’t test everyone that you will be tested yourself.”

 

67.    The Famine

“By entwining the verdant creepers, the famine-stricken tree will not be green.”

 

68.    The Nature

“When a cautious person gets agonized, he says, “no one should be anguished like me.” When a malevolent person gets tormented, he says, “everyone should be hurt like me.”

 

 

69.    The Character

“Your today’s character is the determinant of your future. Adorn your character.”

 

70.    The Failure

“When he woke up, it was afternoon. He came out from home, running and faltering on one place and resting on the other, afternoon passed as well. The fatigued result of the evening is failure. A month passed like this and when he woke up again, it was afternoon.”

 

 

71.    The Ashe

“Don’t be envious of others’ success, that you will turn into ashes.”

 

72.    The Reason

“There are two reasons of picking apart an intellectual: the ignorance or grudge.”

 

73.    The Fox

“The pupils of a good teacher will be good; the pupils of a bad teacher will be bad. Choose a good teacher for yourself, you’ll not be called a wily fox.”

 

74.    The Art

“If the exquisite creativities are of a nonnative language, they will be cherished. If ineffective creativities are of your native language, they will not be treasured. See the art through the eyes of the artist.”



 Reference:


 Arjale’n Panth [The Diamantine Advice]

(Balochi Quotations Book which was published by Institute of Balochia in 10 October, 2020.)

 

 




0 Comments