1.     The Vitreous Worship of Life

Originally Written in Balochi by: Muneer Momen

Translated into English by: Uzair Mehr

 

Where there doesn’t grow any grass of voice,

Life will become a vitreous worship

Sometimes when your imagination evades me from myself

So, I see myself from afar

Suddenly I see our city has slept in the prostration

Neither the era can enter

Nor can we exit

There’s no one

Me…

Thee…

And the vitreous worship of life,

which is streaming in the veins of city like a canal

 

 

2.     The Problem

It is not the matter that we are far away from each other,

The problem is that we are so close to the life

And so close even a feeble enemy could kill a person.

 

3.      The Memory

I always miss you

But today…

My melancholy has failed searching words for itself

There are no words…

And I am missing you like a cocooning dove sitting on the gravestone 

And the twilight day descends the sea looking at it.

I am missing you like that today.

 

4.     The Famine

Nothing happened except the sky is not clouding these days,

And the chirrups of birds are thirsty.

Nothing happened.

No one is outside of their abode.

Trees are standing in the same place.

The faith of my pain is still so much lofty that

It can be seen beyond the walls of the entire city.

Your beauty is still in its place as well,

That the moon sights it like a desirous hubby.

 

 No one is dwelling outside of their abode.

Nothing happened except,

When you come in memory,

My eyes start looking above,

And in the very moment,

Some thirsty melodies reach in my hearing,

And I realize that nothing happened after your departure except,

That you are not here and the sky is not clouding.

 

 

5.     The Season of Epoch

The gloomy season of my epoch is a misshapen progeny of evil,

Which it has forgotten in these streets.

Wherever you go, or return, this progeny impedes your way.

It has devoured butterflies and frightened doves.

Is there anybody who can curb it and banish it from the city?

So that I can lay flowers for the butterflies and grains for the doves in every quadrivial of the city.

 

 

6.     The Life Has No Abode

My dream broke at the time of gloaming

When I saw an old man took off his turban and, put it beside

playing with the blisters of his feet,

he turned to me and said that

scrimpy hope or blunt arm are both foes of his owner.

When you have set your feet in this path,

blister will be your entire core.

The mountain of grudge would turn into a gritty slope

The stone of gallbladder fades and transudes.

If you don’t ask yet I will tell you

the life is homeless.

Locomote the paths and stray people.


--------------------------------------------------

When the birds started extolment,

When the stars rolled up the prayer mats,

The night on my valorous town,

Walked with its tender paces.

Kept waking up the hungry monodies

A few aged women of the town,

Cast away the dreams in the hole of querns.

 

 

 


0 Comments